South’s Senior Nights

Zaida Segura, Staff

Senior Nights for the Class of 2021 were a success as all fall sports, cheer and dance teams and the band held their recognitions earlier than the traditional last home game of the year.

The soccer team won against McPherson 4-2 on their senior recognition night on Sept. 8 at Salina Stadium.

“Playing with my teammates on that field every Tuesday and Thursday night was one of the best feelings ever while my time in high school, I wouldn’t trade it for anything,” senior, Abhram Lopez, said.

This was Kamryn Sitton’s last year participating on the South High Cheer squad. Her words of advice for upcoming cheerleaders was to “just make the best of it; it goes by so fast.”

The seniors on the football team as well as all the other fall sports had their Senior Nights early in the year to guaranteed they would have a night for senior recognition.

This was senior Mariah Janda’s last year participating on the South High Band and she’s going to miss it.

“I have made so many friends in band older and younger. I’m going to miss all of the activities we would do like marching through the tunnel before football games or playing duck duck goose at band camp. Overall, I am going to miss the fun environment and interesting people I have met,” Janda said.

The volleyball team was in action on their Senior Night, winning against Haysville-Campus, 2-0, but losing to Hutchinson, 0-2.

Senior girls plays against Haysville-campus and Hutchinson. (Nathan McConnell)
Senior Mariah Janda waits in line with her parents for Senior Night. (Lexi Doherty)
Senior AJ Johnson is escorted by his parents for his Senior Night. (Lexi Doherty)
Senior Kamryn Sitton gets escorted by her parents for Senior Night. (Lexi Doherty)
The senior boys before taking their first win of the season against McPherson.
(Zaida Segura)